Participate in the Normal Nudes Photo Project!
WinkWink is accepting a final round of submissions for the Normal Nudes Photo Project to be shown on at the November Art Walk! Deadline is Wednesday, 10/30. Show information is below.
The purpose of the Normal Nudes Photo Project is to create a vulnerable and affirming photo collection that showcases nude human bodies in their everyday form.
While ALL bodies are "normal" bodies, we often don't see them PRESENTED normally, exactly as they are.
Bodies are inherently neutral and normal: we reject the definition they've been given by predatory capitalism and patriarchal, anti-queer, anti-POC narratives. This collection stands in opposition to the destructive tactics used to create, prey on, and exploit body shame and insecurities.
The Normal Nudes Photo Project is a step toward normalizing the body, a radical step outside the pressure to conform to a narrow set of body and beauty standards (that generally prioritize white, abled, thin, young bodies).
We accept and affirm every body exactly as it is. Inspired by www.reddit.com/r/normalnudes, we believe in the power of exposing ourselves to the unerotic, everyday body.
Our bodies are enough. We are enough.
This collection will be open to the public on Friday, November 1st, 6:00-10:00PM at the November Art Walk.
Submission Rules and Photos Use:
ALL submissions that comply with the following rules will be presented in the collection! All genders are welcomed and encouraged to submit photos.
Please read through the entire set of rules.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Local folx only. Please live in the region or have a meaningful connection to it.
3. Photos must be full frontal and fully naked.
4. Photos must be non-sexual in nature. No erect penises, sexy poses, sex toys, etc.
5. Showing faces are optional! You may choose to show your face, cover, cut off, or blur out.
6. No blurring out/covering other body parts, tattoos, or identifying marks. We know this takes courage!
7. Photos must be "untouched" (i.e. not photoshopped/edited).
8. No obvious filters, adjusting for lighting is okay.
9. High-resolution/iPhone photos are great. Extremely low-res photos may be excluded.
How your photo will be used:
1. Presented in the November Art Walk on November 1, 2019 in the WinkWink Studio (our upstairs event space). This will be open to the public and is 18+. No photos of the collection will be permitted.
To submit a photo:
Print your photo in a size from 8X10-11X14. We recommend Quicksilver Photo Lab which is affordable, great quality, local, and allows online uploads. Also, we printed photos there that indicated the image resolution was too small and they still looked great, so don't let the scare you!
Drop the photo off at WinkWink or mail to 1305 Commercial St. Bellingham, WA 98225 to be received by Wednesday, 10/30 at 7:00PM. We are NOT accepting online submissions.